I must admit, I’m a major vinyl addict with a large record collection. Records are my favourite format to listen to music until I have to move my collection, which brings out the vinyl hate. I store my records in enclosed cabinets and I didn’t have them in old school crates, so packing up my collection has been problematic.
Here are a few of my concerns about moving my vinyl “babies”:
- Large number of records
- Crates are open on top so rain / snow can get on your precious vinyl
- The exposed top in a crate can lead to damage during the move
- I always like to keep my vinyl vertical and never stack them so I need a way to do this
I luckily found a few solutions that I wanted to pass along to you. There are a few options for vinyl friendly shipping boxes.
- The Box Spot – they have record album cartons as well as video and CD boxes.
- Vinyl Revival – check out their LP Moving Boxes
- Bags Unlimited – If you budget is also unlimited, you can get these more durable yet pricier boxes.
Here are some articles with tips and articles about moving your collection: