Maek, the largest electronic music record label in the Midwest now operates a nightclub. Beginning October 30th, Graffiti Nightclub located on 116 W. Hubbard will be re-launched with an entirely new look, calendar, and management.
Maek is starting off their tenure with two signature back-to-back events, Uncensored on October 30th at 9:00pm and The Rave of Wall Street on October 31st and 9:00pm. Graffiti Nightclub will be the only record label operated nightclub in Chicago.
“We want to add something different to Hubbard Street,” said President and CEO of Maek, Jason Sizer. “We want the new Graffiti Nightclub to be a place that people from all walk of life can come and have a great time. I want this to be a central point of entertainment for the entire city!”
Maek’s most recent acquisition marks their first significant move since their press conference in September announcing a new roster. The label promises that each night will be a different experience and dedicated to accommodate a variety of communities in Chicago.
On October 30th, Maek hosts Uncensored, inspired by London’s influential nightclubs, this event brings an upscale European flare into the Chicago nightlife scene. Followed by the Rave of Wall Street on October 31st innovated to bring the underground party lifestyle of Wall Street business moguls to the city for a weekly celebratory event.
Beyond a new design, the Graffiti Nightclub will feature a new calendar with daily activities. Aside from Uncensored and Rave of Wall Street, other weekly events include:
- Art Battle – A weekly art competition featuring the cities best artist across a variety of mediums on Mondays at 6pm
- Start Tank – A networking event where start-ups and entrepreneurs can pitch their ideas to a panel of potential investors on Tuesdays at6:00pm
- Dope – A night dedicated to the best hip-hop music on Wednesdays hosted by Chicago icon Sean Mac starting at 9:00pm
- Cold Tech – Focusing on minimal techno and deep house music on Thursdays at 9:00pm
- Business and Booze – An after work hotspot featuring food, drinks, karaoke, and jenga starting on Fridays at 5pm.