Rethink Breast Cancer, the young women’s breast cancer movement, has unveiled its brand partnerships for Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) for October 2016. Rethink Breast Cancer has partnered with several companies to increase awareness for the cause and raise funds that go towards empowering, advocating, and educating young people concerned about and affected by breast cancer.
The items in this year’s collection range from branded apparel and chic accessories to fresh baked goods and useful tool kits – it’s never been easier to shop for a worthy cause. A percentage of all sales from these partner’s products and cash register drives are donated to Rethink. Rethink is thankful to all the companies who show they #GiveACare about the unique needs of young women impacted by breast cancer by helping fundraise for the organization’s work.
“Breast Cancer Awareness Month goes so far beyond the physical products and social media hashtags we create. These things not only encourage awareness of our cause, they also contribute vital funds that fuel the education, research, support and advocacy work that makes a real difference in the lives of those affected.” said MJ DeCoteau, Executive Director, Rethink Breast Cancer. “This year, we take awareness one step further with the launch of our very own collection Give-A-Care; designed to also offer comfort through highlighting the unique needs of young women with breast cancer and empowering those impacted.”
2016 BCAM Partners
Rethink’s 2016 BCAM partnerships include:
- Ardene – 25% of proceeds from the Ardene x Barbie Collection, $10.50 – $26.99 + 100% of proceeds on October 1st
- Aerie – 100% of all Sunnie Bra sales, $44.95 + donations collected at cash
- Peace Collective – 15% of proceeds from the Pink Collection, $44.99 – $169.99
- H&M – 15% of bra sales in October + donations collected at cash
- Apollo Tools – $1 from every sale of Precision Tools Pink Tool Kits, $49.99 – $69.99
- Harley-Davidson – 3% of proceeds from Pink Label Motorclothes Collection, $26.00 – $497.00
- Panera Bread – $0.25 from every sale of the Pink Ribbon Bagel, $1.39 each, $7.99 dozen + 100% of proceeds on October 14th
- Kitchen Stuff Plus – Donations collected at cash
- Visage Cosmetics – A percentage of proceeds from Pucker & Pout Collection, $35.00 – $69.00, will help fund a $5,000 donation
- Give-A-Care – 100% of proceeds from the collection, $2.00 – $100.00
- and more…
To check out all of the partners and shop the full Rethink #giveacare collection, visit rethinkbreastcancer.com.
New this year, launching in time for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, is Rethink’s Give-A-Care – the first collection of its kind for young women with breast cancer that actually understands young women with breast cancer.
Developed by Rethink Breast Cancer and lg2, with advice and input from Rethink Young Women’s Network of patients and survivors, the collection challenges people to think twice about how to comfort young women with breast cancer and to say it better with useful gifts to help them get through the difficult days ahead. The cleverly-named products provide a unique perspective into what young women face when diagnosed with breast cancer, such as lemon candies that mask the metallic taste of chemo, lube to help those with early menopausal symptoms, a children’s book to help educate kids on a parent’s diagnosis, a stylish zip-front hoodie that’s easy to wear post-surgery, to a few fun items such as conversation hearts and a power lipstick to lift spirits.
For more information and a full list of Give-A-Care products, visit giveacare.ca.
More about Rethink Breast Cancer? Rethink Breast Cancer’s mission is to empower young people worldwide who are concerned about and affected by breast cancer. Rethink is the first ever Canadian charity to bring bold, relevant awareness to the 40s and under crowd; foster a new generation of young and influential breast cancer supporters; infuse sass and style into the cause; and, most importantly, respond to the unique needs of young women going through it. By taking a breakthrough approach to all aspects of breast cancer – education, resources, advocacy, community building, and fundraising – Rethink is thinking differently about breast cancer. For more information, visit rethinkbreastcancer.com.